As one of the Martel brothers
Frenchy (right) and Dino Bravo in
Visit Toronto Wrestling History
Return to Page of Fame homepage.
Real name: Jean Gagné
Wrestler, and later Dino Bravo's manager in the WWF. Held the IWA tag title in Japan wrestling as the brother of Mad Dog Martel (Michel Vigneault), and later wrestled as the older brother of Rick Martel, although there is no actual relation.
Also wrested as Don Gagne and was a Stampede North American champion under that name, feuding with Leo Burke. Burke also defeated Martin for the Nova Scotia version of the North American title in 1977 and the New Zealand Commonwealth title in 1979.
Wrestled in Montreal in the mid-80s, and appeared on WWF shows in the northeast in 1986-87, before becoming Dino Bravo's manager in October 1987.
- IWA tag champion (Japan), as Pierre Martin, with Mad Dog Martel, 1975
- Stampede International tag champion, as Don Gagne, with Ripper Collins, 1976
- North American champion (Nova Scotia), 1977
- 2-time Stampede North American champion, as Don Gagne, 1977, 79
- Commonwealth champion (New Zealand), 1979
- WWC North American champion (Puerto Rico), as Pierre Martel, 1980